Printer Question

From: Dennis J. Tuchler (dennis_at_linux.site)
Date: 01/11/05

Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:51:47 GMT

With a purchase from Dell came a small Dell Photo Printer 720. It
attaches by way of a usb. I hooked it up, opened SuSE 9.2 (KDE) and tried
to set the printer up.

Yast recognized the printer, naming it as a Dell photoprinter 720. At the
Print Queue window, where local filtering was checked, the printer
was fully described, but I could not run the print test from that
screen. I had to go to the next screen. On the next screen, when it came
to complete the setup by actually selecting the driver, all I saw was a
choice between an M5200 and an S 2500. Neither worked.

I then switched to the Windows partition and set the printer up. All went
smoothly and the thing worked.

How do I make this thing work under Linux?

Thanks

dj tuchler

Relevant Pages