Re: How to setup IRQ to certain card ?

From: abc (abc_at_ghi.com)
Date: 01/16/05

    Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:10:03 +0100

    Robert Rozman wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have older PC (P3-800). I have inserted two PCI cards (Ethernet and ISDN
    > modem - AVM Fritz). I've disabled every HW device I don't need
    > (USB,serial,parallel ports, etc...).
    >
    > I have only few interrupts taken, but both cards share same interrupt (from
    > cat /proc/interrupts), although there are plenty other interrupts available.
    >
    > I wonder what are my options in this situation ?

    Move the card to a different slot.

    > I've tried to move cards into different PCI slots, but they are not
    > recognized by Suse 9.2. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and should do
    > something else to acknowledge cards in different slots?
    Then something is wrong with your hardware.

    The best option is to use this brand new AMD64 3500+ you just bought
    with a 64 bit linux distribution.

    The ancient 800MHz box is suitable for m$. They're both a joke nowadays.

    • Re: HP 5210
      ... several computers, all of differing hardware specs, just to be able to ... I seem to remember one particular model of these NICs ... then plug the other cards back it. ... interrupts that were used by other non-removable onboard equipment on ...
      (uk.legal)
    • Re: packet forwarding and possible mitigation of Intel QuickPath Interconnect ugliness in multi cpu
      ... My test system is a Dell dual CPU R820, ... ConnectX-3 cards in ethernet mode. ... With cpuset assigning interrupts equally to each physical processor: ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: PING: Someone on the core team. (Modem Problem)
      ... Daniel Rudy writes: ... :> use John Baldwin's hacks to force sio to not use fast interrupts. ... cards add-in cards, or on the motherboard? ... getting irq overrun errors from the kernel too now. ...
      (freebsd-hackers)
    • Re: pci slots
      ... Some slots will share interrupts, ... > To expand on what Walter has pointed out, modern mobos have sound cards, ... > specific PCI slots.For instance, my ECS mobo shares Slot 1 with AGP, ... And some carts like to be on some IRQ and/or I/O channel, ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: How to setup IRQ to certain card ?
      ... > I have only few interrupts taken, but both cards share same interrupt ... should have no problems with PCI cards sharing ISA IRQs, ... You can probably force specific PCI slots to specific ISA IRQs. ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)