Suggestions for HP desktop?

From: ScrubsFan (nospam_at_bogus.fake.com)
Date: 01/26/05

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:37:06 GMT

I recently bought an HP Pavilion A710N desktop. I need to keep 'doze on
it for a couple of applications, but want to partition it and dual boot
Linux. If anyone has successfully installed Linux on this particular HP
model, I'd appreciate feedback on which distro you used and any problems
or issues you had to deal with. I already have PartitionMagic 7 and can
use that if necessary.

--
FREE "Bushisms" screensavers: www.smartassproducts.com/downloads.shtml
Hillary Clinton 2008 merchandise: www.cafepress.com/saproducts/228355

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Installing OS in seperate partition
    ... having to reinstall the applications. ... reinstall would not know where they are. ... I have an image of my setup with a clean install of the OS, ... I create a specific partition where I store the images and it would also be ...
  • Re: New disk partitioning strategy
    ... like to create a system partition for the OS in order to make it easier for me to keep offline disk images for recovery in case of disaster. ... Placing data files on a partition or physical hard drive separate from the operating system and applications can greatly simplify system repairs/recoveries and data back-up. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Migrating from Redhat 9 grub questions
    ... To make a long story short, I want to migrate the dual boot on my ... Do I need to know where grub lives, or will the new /boot partition ... When I get to the partition disks stage I would choose to manually partition. ... Since I used the installation disk on a dedicated machine I just ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Linux installation
    ... Linux is a bit user unfriendly. ... capabilities of a dual boot, but I have not had any of my Windows ... partition that the virtual machine sits on and it is great. ...
  • Re: New Win XP Installation
    ... >> I'm currently running Win XP Home SP2 on one 120 gb hard drive with a ... >> about installing Windows in it's own partition. ... > partition for just applications. ... > applications on a separate drive/partition is a useful solution only if ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)