What is the correct procedure to transfer hda+hdb raid-1 => hda+hdc raid-1 ?

From: Richie Gan (csardas_at_gmail.com)
Date: 02/04/05

    Date: 3 Feb 2005 21:33:19 -0800

    hi folks,

    I have setup a sofeware raid-1 on my linux box,
       hda1+hdb1 -> md0 (/)
       hda5+hdb5 -> md1 (/home)

    because hda and hdb are on same IDE controller, the preformance is really bad.

    what is the correct procedure to transfer hdb to hdc ?

    if I
    put the hdb hardisk to hdc and restart the box
    than mdadm --assemable /dev/md0 /dev/hdc1
    and edit the lilo.conf and raidtab to match the setting
    and reboot again.

    is it the right way to make better performance with all data safe ?

    Thank you very much