From: Sylvain from Tls (smz_at_free.fr)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:05:57 +0100
I've installed mandrake 10.1 on my PC and there's no sound.
Can anybody help me please ?
What I can say :
- The sound card on my PC is "Realtek High Definition Audio 880"
- I have downloaded and installed the linux driver for this sound card :
linux_r31 with alsa-driver-1.0.4.
- The installation of this driver changed the file /etc/modules.conf.
- After the reboot, I tried to play a mpeg file. It produced the error :
"All Audio Drivers failed to initialise !"
- I tried to launch "alsaconf". This tool return with the message :
"No supported PnP or PCI card found"
Thank you for your help