No sound

From: Sylvain from Tls (smz_at_free.fr)
Date: 03/14/05

Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:05:57 +0100

Hello,

I've installed mandrake 10.1 on my PC and there's no sound.
Can anybody help me please ?

What I can say :
- The sound card on my PC is "Realtek High Definition Audio 880"
- I have downloaded and installed the linux driver for this sound card :
linux_r31 with alsa-driver-1.0.4.
- The installation of this driver changed the file /etc/modules.conf.
- After the reboot, I tried to play a mpeg file. It produced the error :
"All Audio Drivers failed to initialise !"
- I tried to launch "alsaconf". This tool return with the message :
"No supported PnP or PCI card found"

Thank you for your help

---
Sylvain

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I Hate Windows Audio
    ... caused by driver conflicts. ... It's a brand new installation of Windows 7 Pro. ... audio to be looped through. ... computer with a similar onboard sound card. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: No sound after reinstall
    ... Thank you for the driver download site. ... I also removed a Soundblaster Audigy sound card ... |> compatible with xp and I have the installation disk. ...
  • Re: Upgrading to 64-bit XP Pro, old programs compatibility?
    ... have not function propertly with the x64 even though they should? ... installation. ... pretty sure that it does not have a driver available for x64 ... You need 64-bit drivers for your *hardware* (sound card, ...
  • Re: [SLE] Problem installing Creative SB sound card
    ... >> that the Creative sound card was detected as SB Audigy LS. ... >> this Creative sound card installation? ... complete procedures to do this for Suse 9.1? ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: sthdasys
    ... A quick Google reveals sthda.sys to be a sound card driver file for your ... Intel chip motherboard named C-Major Audio, from SigmaTel, Inc. ... If your system is a Gateway have ... With the minimal information you've provided (installation of what? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)