Re: new machine-- linux

From: Dave (davehowey_at_hotmail.co.uk)
Date: 03/21/05

Date: 21 Mar 2005 04:59:52 -0800

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:16:43 +0000, Dave wrote:
>

> >> Maybe I should have made this clearer before. I've got an AGP
QuadroFX
> >> card running very nice here under Suse 9.0 using the proprietary
drivers.

> >> Chris.
> >

> > I think that I'm going to get the VIA-based A8 motherboard from
Asus
> > (A8V-E) with a PCI express Nvidia Quadro FX graphics card.
> >
> > fingers crossed... :-)
> >
> > Dave
>
> Please let us know how it works out.

Just to let you know, it's all working fine on Suse 9.2 (AMD64
version). The Nvidia driver seems okay (on a kernel level) although I
haven't quite coaxed KDE to use 3D acceleration yet, because it seems
to offer me a 'generic' GFX driver even though I KNOW the Nvidia one is
installed. Hmmmm... once again, it's never easy in linux is it.

Actually write now the thing that is bugging me is a network problem.
Check out
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303107

If you think you can help, I'd gratefully appreciate any advice.

Dave