Re: new machine-- linux

From: Dave (davehowey_at_hotmail.co.uk)
Date: 03/21/05

Date: 21 Mar 2005 04:59:52 -0800

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:16:43 +0000, Dave wrote:
>

> >> Maybe I should have made this clearer before. I've got an AGP
QuadroFX
> >> card running very nice here under Suse 9.0 using the proprietary
drivers.

> >> Chris.
> >

> > I think that I'm going to get the VIA-based A8 motherboard from
Asus
> > (A8V-E) with a PCI express Nvidia Quadro FX graphics card.
> >
> > fingers crossed... :-)
> >
> > Dave
>
> Please let us know how it works out.

Just to let you know, it's all working fine on Suse 9.2 (AMD64
version). The Nvidia driver seems okay (on a kernel level) although I
haven't quite coaxed KDE to use 3D acceleration yet, because it seems
to offer me a 'generic' GFX driver even though I KNOW the Nvidia one is
installed. Hmmmm... once again, it's never easy in linux is it.

Actually write now the thing that is bugging me is a network problem.
Check out
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=303107

If you think you can help, I'd gratefully appreciate any advice.

Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: audiodg.exe
    ... Thanks Dave! ... I did the uninstall in device manager ... If you want, you can delete the driver, and have Vista try to reinstall it. ... it's just one of those things that happen with audiodg. ...
  • RE: [SLE] SuSE 9.2
    ... Regarding getting the nvidia driver to work with 9.2 - has it changed much ... There are SuSE specific instructions on www.nvidia.com -> Linux/FreeBSD ... When press ''test sound'' is OK but i am>> still without sound as user. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Time To Call It A Day [SOLVED]
    ... Dave Barton wrote: ... Never use sax2 with an nvidia 3d enabled driver. ... I see your display has a digital and an analogue input, ... Hardware Class: monitor ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Tanker Driver Killed
    ... It's truly a sad thing as far as the driver is concerned. ... contacted me and asked me if wittekind is a stalker because he won't leave ... Do you feel that insecure that you must insult over and over ... even think that you gave Dave S shit for the same crap you're doing now. ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: [SLE] Nvidia Drivers and SuSE 90
    ... >> You have hit the nVIDIA Driver Brickwall Syndrome. ... > Suse 8.0 Personal many times. ... is not installed by Suse - you have to install it as a deliberate ...
    (SuSE)