Re: There is ONLY ONE reason why I use Windows

From: maxx (trash_at_dev.null)
Date: 06/13/05

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:04:34 +0200

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 11:01:40 -0700, yarmfelder wrote:

> That reason is, my wireless card works with it. Ever since I went
> wireless, I have had no choice but to use Windows.
>
> Recently I went to 5 stores looking for a Linux compatible card: Bestbuy,
> Circuit city, CompUsa, office depot, staples. All of them had cards that
> don't work with Linux.
>
> If someone could point me to a reseller of Linux-compatible wireless cards
> under $50, I could switch 95% of my work back to Linux, making life
> easier.

My wireless cards work natively or via ndiswrapper. I couldn't even get a
Windows laptop to work with WPA! Under Linux it's a breeze.

What you want is
plug-n-play-without-thinking-what-you're-doing-software... I want to have
control over my machine, not the other way around.

--
gr,
maxx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Linux server features - newbie question
    ... > the Linux Box). ... > overkill for a home network to separate firewall and other functionality. ... > side of the firewall - if your windows box gets hacked, ... >> internal IP device points to the wireless hub. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Any GIMP users (Linux)
    ... It's the latest high-end gaming graphics cards that might be issues. ... As for updates/upgrades and security -- far better than windows. ... the linux security model is simply much better than the Windows ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Very OT - IE7RC1 Installation
    ... explain what it's advantages and disadvantages are. ... I switched because I was increasingly frustrated with Windows limited ... So, I tried Linux. ... WiFi cards are particularly difficult, ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: how do you convert Windows User to Linux
    ... Couple of times attempted for Linux but its very confusing.. ... Last year I wanted to setup a personal Web server in my attic. ... I wanted to install Debian and Apache but I gave up and turn to Windows. ... There was a limited wireless no support for this card at that time. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ok, I am ignorant anout ndiswrapper.
    ... to my wireless access point at home and to one at work and as far as I ... cabled ethernet cards (a good majority, if not all, of these have native ... Linux drivers), it *is* useful in many situations such as with various ...
    (Fedora)