Re: Which Distro to use?

From: james (
Date: 06/14/05

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 21:25:41 GMT

In article <>,
ray <> wrote:
>In all honesty, you're not going to do great things with hardware that

I have a Toshiba notebook of about the same vintage, with only 16MB RAM,
and it does a great job as a highly portable terminal, running ssh...
And it has an EIGHT hour battery life, something I have never managed to
do with any other notebook! This machine also has an old-school
parallel port, and has no problem interfacing to a certain piece of
hardware that I use from time to time. And considering what this
computer has been through over the years, I think of it as

So it depends on how you define "great things."

On the other hand I'd never want this to be my only computer.