Re: what are the FASTEST usb flatbed SCANNERS running on LINUX?

From: RRB (rrb_at_despammed.com)
Date: 07/01/05

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:58:39 +0200

> In each of my measurements, I started timing when my scanner (Epson
> Perfection 2400) was making the first noise, and I stopped the timer
> when the scanning was complete (that is, before the optical system
> started moving back to its rest position).
>
> When I scan the maximum scan area (21.59 x 29.72 cm² = 8.5 x 11.7
> inch²) in grayscale, my scanning times are:
> 240 dpi: 12 sec
Just to add another experience (it would be nice to have a scanner speed database!).

I have a Hp psc2175 perfectly working on debian sarge, kernel 2.6.7 and sane 0.97

Scanning an A4 document in 240dpi full color: 32sec
        A4 document 240dpi grayscale: 14sec

This is somehow biased by system load, disk activity and usb load, and the
measurement could be done more accurately.

--
"...vous avez tout la vie pour vous amuser,
     vous avez tout la mort pour vous reposer..."