Re: TRAGEDY, via333 IRQ, APIC doesn't work

From: Andante (noreply_at_hccnet.thenetherlands)
Date: 08/05/05

Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 18:44:14 +0200

Geoff wrote:
> Andante wrote:
>

>> Here's a short update from my side. I'm also running an asus a7v333,
>> bios revision 1017, just like Geoff above me. Board revision is 1.01
>> on mine. APCI and (IO)APIC both function without any trouble. No
>> errors and good performance. CPU is a Athlon XP 2400+, not sure about
>> the CPU revision.
>

> Interesting, what distro / kernel are you running? I think my board is
> 1.01 also.
>
> Annoyingly glxgears ran almost 10% faster with apic enabled before X
> locked up. I know it's not a good benchmark but while I get good fps in
> opengl games with 6600GT I get some stuttering periodically that I'd
> really like to get rid of. Interrupt sharing may not be the problem but
> then again it may be.

I'm running Debian stable with a homegrown kernel. Kernel version is
currently 2.6.12. It's also been quite happy with 2.6.11.x and earlier.
  I happen to own a 6600GT aswell. Didn't do any tests to confirm any
speed difference or any tests with games to see how it runs. Did run
some games in the past though, never experienced noticable stutter. That
was with a GF4Ti4200. Sad enough, linux is still more of an experimental
desktop platform for me. Or perhaps i'm just too lazy to fully convert
everything to linux. ;) Makes an excellent server platform though.