ALSA Setup

From: naebad (minnaebad_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 08/17/05

Date: 16 Aug 2005 15:23:01 -0700

I am trying to install ALSA on Fedora 3. I am at the drivers stage and
the INSTALL says I need to edit modprobe.conf ...trouble is it doesn't
say what I need to edit it too!! Currently it reads

alias eth0 8139too
alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-emu10k1 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-emu10k1 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-emu10k1 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-emu10k1
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd

What do I need to change it to? When I try and install teh library it
says the drivers need to be installed first. I can compiel them ok and
rune make install and it is ok.

Then I run ./snddevices...ok again Then stuck at the modprobe.conf
stage.

Thanks

Naebad

Relevant Pages

  • How I replace SCO OpenServer and VisionFS with FreeBSD and Samba to run FoxPro Unix
    ... How to make a FreeBSD system.doc Revision date: ... FreeBSd install CD. ... Edit the kernel conf file with edit ... In My Network Place move pr_data->tmp->prstuff.tar to zip ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: How do I replace SCO OpenServer and VisionFS with FBSD and Samba to run FoxPro
    ... I wish to change to FreeBSD ... FreeBSd install CD. ... Then Q to exit. ... Edit the kernel conf file with edit ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Required files for pro?
    ... the customization tool for an Office Pro install. ... When I select Standard, the package is ... Can you tell me which specific product folders I need for Standard, ... edit the XML files and my command line through SCCM: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Problems with Project Standard 2002?
    ... Project Standard 2002 does not install WSS - it installs STS 1.0. ... I am not aware that there is an Edit in Project possibility in STS 1.0. ...
  • RE: 2007 Silent Install?
    ... If you are being prompted to choose a product to install when you are ... your Outlook uninstall MSP is a "maintenance" MSP that removes the Outlook ... Is there an easier way to fix this without having to edit every ... any other XML files in the source your installation will ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)