Re: SATA woes

From: Whoever (nobody_at_devnull.none)
Date: 11/04/05

Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:24:22 -0800

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, ellis@no.spam wrote:

> In article <m3irwf4j4t.fsf@lhwlinux.garlic.com>,
> Anne & Lynn Wheeler <lynn@garlic.com> wrote:
>
>> as an aside ... does FC4 install handle SATA disks.
>
> I'm running FC4 on SATA with no problems.

>From this page:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

"Note: There is no such thing as a distribution or its installer
(generically) "having SATA support" (or not). Please send anyone speaking
in such terms to this page. (Some SATA chipsets have been supported since
practically forever, as their programming interfaces are unchanged from
PATA predecessors. Others are brand-new and require new drivers from
scratch.)"

So the question is NOT "are you running SATA?", but, instead: "what SATA
chipset are you running?"