Re: clock running fast

From: Chris Hulbert (cchgroupmail_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/08/05

Date: 8 Nov 2005 04:51:08 -0800

Mogens V. wrote:
> Chris Hulbert wrote:
> > Mogens V. wrote:

> >>Do you OC? On other platforms, I've seen the clock run too fast with the
> >>system bus just slightly above or below 200Mhz (FSB on nforce2/barton).
> >>
> >>--
> >>Kind regards,
> >>Mogens Valentin
> >

> > The hyper transport frequency is set to auto, so the system might be
> > overclocking itself. I'll try setting it to 1x and see if that helps
> > any. I've seen many reports of the problem wth AMD64, however most
> > seemed to be resolve with noapic.

Thought I'd report it does seem to be related to the HyperTransport
setting. I set it to 1X and the clock seems fine. So, I might later
try setting it to 2x or 4x and see if the clock runs 2/4 times faster.
If not, maybe it's related to the auto setting in which it may
fluctuate up and down. Should this be an issue to report on the 2.6.12
kernel?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dharaskars C questions ???
    ... register int i; ... volatile int j; ... The auto storage class specifier is redundant here. ... The clock() function returns values of type clock_t, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Buckwheats Failure - Do-Nothing DemocRATs Force Americans to Face Heavy Losses on Auto Bailo
    ... Taxpayers Face Heavy Losses on Auto Bailout ... Congressional Oversight Panel report says most of the $23 billion ... initially provided to General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC late last ...
    (alt.politics)
  • RE: Existing Form Needs to have a few things added but I dont kno
    ... For the first part, creating a box that will auto generate a number, ... reports based on more than one order, build a query which have all the fields ... that you want on report and then build a report based on your query that way ... 1st) I have a form with a drop down of all the customers in it that lets you ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Automatically add/hide rows
    ... AutoFilter does not auto adjust as the data changes. ... ' only show the Auto Filter buttons for Columns A, B, and E. ... On your report worksheet, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: Problem designing tables: Too many fields
    ... fields that will be use for an Expense Report. ... BDR Comments Lodging Meals CMM Auto ... So basically I need to store in a DB everysingle control that is ...