New LDC Display with 1440 x 900 resolution?
- From: "Markus" <mailnov@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:20:37 +0100
I purchased a new LCD with a resolution of 1440 x 900. Before, I had an old
monitor with a lower resolution. What exactly do I need to change in order
to get the new resolution on my linux platform?
I ran the display setup (system-config-display) and was able to choose a LCD
Panel 1440x900 as display. With this setting, I can choose either 1280 x
1024 or 1440 x 1050 but I can not choose the 1440x900 resolution. Can I
change this manually in a X-configuration file?
Second, the gnome display setup (gnome-display-properties) alow me a maximum
resolution of 1280 x 1024). Where can I tell gnome about the 1440x900
resolution so that I can choose from?
I run Fedora Core 2, the Graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9200SE, the Monitor
is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleoview W19-1
Thanks for your input,
----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
- Prev by Date: Re: PCI cards for ATA, USB and Firewire
- Next by Date: Re: New LDC Display with 1440 x 900 resolution?
- Previous by thread: PCI cards for ATA, USB and Firewire
- Next by thread: Re: New LDC Display with 1440 x 900 resolution?