External (USB2, Firewire) Video Capture device - recommendation ?

Can anybody recommend an external video capture device that works well under linux ?
I would like to use my laptop with debian "sarge" running to capture videos mainly from a VCR. So it does not need to be expensive professional stuff. I would prefer a USB2 interface, but firewire would work as well. Inputs should be SVHS, composite and a TVtuner would be nice, but not mandatory.
I searched the web for a while but could not find a satisfying answer.
Mark
.