- From: "Nuno J. Silva (aka NJSG)" <nunojsg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:32:16 +0000
I'm about to install Linux (Gentoo 2006.0) in my cousin's computer. With the new LiveCD the install process is easier, but I'm afraid I'll need to specify the processor type/family somewhere (compiler options, ...).
His computer is a Celeron, with one-thousand-and-something Mhz (I don't remember the exact value). But, AFAIK, there are celerons with much lower and higher frequencies.
Which identification should I use when it asks me the processor type?
Nuno J. Silva (aka NJSG)
Registered Linux User #402207 - http://counter.li.org
Using Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7
Gentoo Linux -- Linux 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 i686 Mobile Pentium II
Intel Pentium II (80686) Deschutes - 334Mhz -- 256 Mbs SDRAM
Intel Mobile Pentium II (80686) - 300 Mhz -- 64 Mbs SDRAM
Intel Pentium (80586) - 166 Mhz -- 32 Mbs RAM
``There is nothing more amazing than stupidity in action.''
-- Thomas Matthews
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Recommendation for Blade-style Rackmount Chassis
- Next by Date: Re: Slot 1 Pentium 3 heatsink and fan.
- Previous by thread: Recommendation for Blade-style Rackmount Chassis
- Next by thread: Re: What's Celeron?