Re: Intel i915G/i945G integrated graphics OpenGL performance (Quake 3 et al)
- From: Johannes Truschnigg <johannes.truschnigg@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:49:48 +0200
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:56:54 +0100
Chris <ithinkiam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm looking for performance-figures of Intel's integrated graphics
solutions for desktop products, currently branded "Intel® Graphics
Media Accelerator 950".
You do realise that is a misnomer. Intel ingrated graphics are only
good/designed for 2D office-style apps. If you want to play games buy
Look, I'm just about to figure out if I could theroretically bear with
the adapter's performance to play an hour or two of Quake 3 a week. I
know there are graphics cards out there with much more horsepower in
their chips (in fact, I own quite a few of them), but that was NOT what
I was asking for. I'm well aware of that fact - nevertheless, I'd like
to see some real world benchmarks of Intel's babies.
If I got things right, there are 100% free
drivers with DRI and hardware-accelerated GLX available,
It looks like you're right, but I wouldn't expect much from the
proprietary drivers :-( NB did you see that the driver will only
work with very specific versions of Suse?
The Intel DRI/GLX-infrastructure has been incorporated into the
vanilla-kernel long ago. There's hardly ever such a thing as a
distribution-specific driver. For Intel Graphics adapters, there are no
drivers BUT the really free (as in freedom) ones available; I can't
quite figure what proprietary ones you're talking about?
Further valueable input would be appreciated.
with best regards:
- - Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes.truschnigg@xxxxxx )
phone: +43 650 2 133337
Please do not bother me with HTML-eMail or attachments. Thank you.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Prev by Date: Re: Intel i915G/i945G integrated graphics OpenGL performance (Quake 3 et al)
- Next by Date: Re: empty lspci, /proc/pci
- Previous by thread: Re: Intel i915G/i945G integrated graphics OpenGL performance (Quake 3 et al)
- Next by thread: Re: Intel i915G/i945G integrated graphics OpenGL performance (Quake 3 et al)