Re: nvidia 6600 resolution
- From: Miguel De Anda <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 22:58:07 -0700
Augustus SFX van Dusen wrote:
I asked because I have an Nvidia card (the 5200) that would support
up to 1920x1440 with a simple xorg.conf file and the X.Org driver, but
only 1280x1024 with Nvidia's. I had to use an application called cvt
(http://www.uruk.org/~erich/projects/cvt) to compute the right CVT timings
to be included in my xorg.conf. It was only after this that the Nvidia
driver started supporting the resolution above.
Hmm.. so it might take a little work.. I'm ok with that as long as it has
worked for somebody. I wonder if games will have a problem with it. I only
play quake4 and americas army (though I rarely play). Thanks.
*** Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ***
- Prev by Date: URGENT KERNAL LEVEL
- Next by Date: getting pictures from kodak cameras
- Previous by thread: Re: nvidia 6600 resolution
- Next by thread: SATA hardware RAID suggestions?