Re: redhat enterprise linux 4 boots up slow with 2 GB RAM , boots fast with 512MB

Hi dnoyeB,
I have installed windows XP pro (as the second OS on this dual boot
m/c) and that shows 2gb of ram
working fine in Control Panel- System. Moreover my BIOS correctly shows
2GB ram during POST check..
So , I know both the memory sticks are fine in hardware terms.

I get mixed opinions about default kernel support for 1GB+ memory. I am
using RHELV4 Workstation
(and not ES or AS version..) Does that make a difference > Where can I
get the detailed steps for recompiling my kernel
for getting it to support more than 1 GB RAm (i.e 2 GB ram in my
case..)

.