Re: Excluding devices from Linux startup

William Murphy wrote:
I have a Dual Boot Fedora Core 5/WinXP system with SATA HDD, IDE
DVD-R/RW DL, and a SATA DVD/CD-RW. When the SATA DVD/CD-RW is connected
I get ata1 errors (timeout, abnormal status). When disconnected
everything is fine. I want to exclude this device from Linux so I can
leave it connected for when in WinXP. Is there a way to mark a device
to be excluded?

have you tried removing its reference from /etc/fstab? or just don't mount it.

--
Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.
(remove _eh to email)

  • Excluding devices from Linux startup
    ... I have a Dual Boot Fedora Core 5/WinXP system with SATA HDD, IDE ... I get ata1 errors (timeout, ... I want to exclude this device from Linux so I can ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: text file saved in COM format..
    ... NoStop wrote: ... And last post regarding Linux commands in this ... But if I want to exclude the. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: rsync exclusions
    ... Will they work with wildcards like that please to exclude the whole of ... of 2 linux boxes... ... efever = http://sharon04.livejournal.com/ ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)