Re: external RAID arrays: experience anyone?
- From: Andrew Gideon <c182driver1@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:25:33 -0400
On Wed, 24 May 2006 08:00:59 +0200, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
However, ACL does not work with NFS if you mix operating
systems. I think ther have at least been some patches that made Linux
behave the Solaris way. But even with these patches you are still
incompatible with other Unixes like Irix. For more info see
I've been mixing Redhat and Solaris WRT NFS/ACLs for quite a while, and it
works (in both directions, as it happens). That's sufficient for my
purposes (since I use only those two platforms).
Alas, it doesn't look like ACLs are supported in smbfs. That's rather a
shame given that - at least given my limited understanding of SMB - the
mechanism itself does. But I do appreciate that the cited article speaks
to difficulties mapping between near POSIX ACLs and those provided by SMB.
- Prev by Date: Re: MSI RS482M4-ILD (Radeon Xpress 200 chipset)
- Next by Date: tape dump between solaris and linux
- Previous by thread: Re: external RAID arrays: experience anyone?
- Next by thread: Re: external RAID arrays: experience anyone?