Re: Kernel 220.127.116.11 & Zip drive problem
- From: bgeer <bgeer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 22:02:53 +0000 (UTC)
bgeer <bgeer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Roby <roby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Just installed 18.104.22.168 & have most things working. But, first try at
writing to a Zip disk blitzed the disk & gave some kind of non-fatal
oops like message. Indicates maybe a DMA error...
All that plus Zip drive work well w/ 2.4.32 kernel, where Zip is
With 22.214.171.124 kernel, I had to mount /dev/sda4.
Much obliged, Bob
I'm running Kanotix with a 2.6.17 kernel. My internal ATAPI Zip
drive appears in fstab like this:
/dev/hdd4 /zip vfat defaults,noauto,users 0 0
Tracked down the problem...sd_mod wasn't loading automatically.
Much obliged for confirming /dev/hdd4 should be the device. Bob
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
<> bgeer@xxxxxxxxxxxx | == == find it == == <>
<> dtomky@xxxxxxxxxxxx | == == enchanting == == <>
<> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>
- Prev by Date: Re: no sound on Kunbuntu
- Next by Date: Zip disk tools for Linux?
- Previous by thread: Re: Kernel 126.96.36.199 & Zip drive problem
- Next by thread: Re: Kernel 188.8.131.52 & Zip drive problem