Re: LCD monitor, DVI connection, resolution problem (solved)

floyd@xxxxxxxxxx (Floyd L. Davidson) wrote:

Try both,

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "My Monitor"
HorizSync 31-64
VertRefresh 59-61
EndSection

I have tried that one. It doesn't help for DVI, but I can see that the
settings are working as 1280x1024 is limited to 60 Hz with analog VGA
which it shouldn't be without those settings.

As I have found settings that do what they are supposed to do with analog
VGA but don't work with DVI I don't think there is anything wrong with the
settings.

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "My Monitor"
HorizSync 31-64
VertRefresh 69-71
EndSection

They say the last is "VGA text", and I'm not sure how that differs from
the other excepting for the vertical refresh rate.

Where did you find those specifications? It seems as if those settings
want to run the monitor in 70 Hz, but according to the specifications it
should be able to do 60 Hz only in 1280x1024. In the set-up manual 70 Hz
is mentioned on DVI for "VGA text", but that is at the resolution 720x400.

You are adding "1280x1024@60" when you define your own mode with that
name, right?

I called the modeline "1280x1024", but it was defined to give 60 Hz:

Henrik Carlqvist <Henrik.Carlqvist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
# 1280x1024 @ 60.00 Hz (GTF) hsync: 63.60 kHz; pclk: 108.88 MHz
# Modeline "1280x1024" 108.88 1280 1360 1496 1712 1024 1025 1028 1060 -HSync +Vsync
# 1280x1024 @ 60.00 Hz handmade
Modeline "1280x1024" 108.0 1280 1328 1440 1688 1024 1025 1028 1066
EndSection

I appreciate that you still are trying to help me with this problem, but I
don't consider it to be a problem anymore. The important thing was to get
1280x1024 working and it works fine with analog VGA input.

regards Henrik
hc8(at)uthyres.com Examples of addresses which go to spammers:
root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx root@localhost

  • Re: Want to setup two Computers with~
    ... hopefully you can use VGA you won't suffer any ... degradation in resolution since monitors capable of both VGA and DVI are ... confirm this on my 19" LCD monitor and found absolutly no difference. ... Dana Cline - MCE MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Want to setup two Computers with~
    ... between VGA and DVI on a 30" monitor. ... As pointed out there does not 'seem' to be a KVM with DVI connectors. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: no DVI with VAIO in docking station
    ... monitor does not connect with docking station over DVI while VGA works fine. ... with docking-station VGP-PRBX1 and Philips LCD monitor 200XW7. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Switch box for four PCs / USB and DVI
    ... I have four PC's now and want to use just on large flat panel I have and one Wireless mouse and keyboard. ... The Monitor is DVI and the keyboard and mouse is PS2/USB. ... Only thing is that one PC is DVI and the other three are jsut VGA. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Two pcs and one monitor
    ... LCD monitor with both DVI and VGA inputs. ... Oh so you're using the monitor to switch between DVI and VGA? ... KVM switch? ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)