Netgear WG511T on Damn Small Linux
- From: Xandros Desktop OS User <jrusso2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:58:37 -0700
I got this cheap wireless card for my old laptop thatI installed Linux on . It was the only card I could find that had any Linux support at all. It is supposed to work under the madwifi driver which I loaded on the DSL distro on my old laptop.
Well its not working and I get some error messages in the boot up screen.
insmod: Module ath_hal loaded with warnings
module wlan loaded with warnings
insmod/lib/modules/2.4.26/net/ath_pci.0 init module no such devvice
insmod Hint:insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
You many find mroe information in syslog or output from dmseg
I am not sure how to fix it though
Can anyone help?
I am a bit of a newbie in Linux it would be nice to get this working since the other choice is to use the windows 98 partition where it works fine.
But I hate to expose myself to all that bad stuff.
- Prev by Date: Re: Software vs. Hardware RAID 1
- Next by Date: Re: Kubuntu Dapper Drake queries (Thunderbird, Firefox, Amarok)
- Previous by thread: Re: Installation of ATi drivers
- Next by thread: Re: Netgear WG511T on Damn Small Linux