Re: cant install SUSE 9.3, 10.0, 10.1 on raid0
- From: John-Paul Stewart <jpstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:01:01 -0400
Rick Moen wrote:
John-Paul Stewart <jpstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:nixon wrote:another issue is when i boot up with dvd 64bit version of 10.0. my dvdSATA support for DVD/CD drives is fairly new (under Linux) and may still be considered experimental. I don't know off hand what kernel version Suse 10.0 may have, but it's possible (quite likely, even) that it simply doesn't support SATA DVDs.
is plextor 755sa SATA.
John-Paul: FYI, in my limited experience with SATA-connected DVD/CD
drives, the various Jeff Garzik libata-type drivers have supported them
Interesting...last time I looked at it, I found a post saying not to rely on SATA/ATAPI support as it was still experimental. The post was from Jeff Garzik, but I don't recall off hand how long ago it was made. What kernel versions have you had success with?
- Prev by Date: Re: Compaq Presario V2710CA
- Next by Date: Re: Compaq Presario V2710CA
- Previous by thread: Re: cant install SUSE 9.3, 10.0, 10.1 on raid0
- Next by thread: Re: cant install SUSE 9.3, 10.0, 10.1 on raid0