Re: Has anyone used the Intel DQ965GF?
- From: General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:06:33 -0400
On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:17:16 +1000, Grant wrote:
On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:23:53 -0400, General Schvantzkoph <schvantzkoph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm getting close to ordering a Core2 Duo system but I still haven't
decided on the motherboard. One option that looks very attractive is the
Intel DQ965GF. It has on board graphics which will save the cost of a
graphics card (this is going to be a server so I only need graphics to do
the Linux install, it will run init level 3 after that). My only concern
is if the PATA chip is Linux compatible, Intel doesn't say what it is. Has
anyone used this board, any problems with it?
No hands on, friend bought DP965LT -- onboard IDE chip is Marvell, linux
developers yet to see the manual, expect something 2.6.19 timeframe.
OTOH friend installed SuSE to SATA HDDs from USB DVDROM without problem.
A USB drive hadn't occurred to me, thanks. I didn't see any internal USB
or SATA DVD drives listed on MonarchComputer's configuration page so I
sent them an e-mail asking them to add the option.
- Prev by Date: Re: How to determine maximum video card resolution?
- Next by Date: Re: How to determine maximum video card resolution?
- Previous by thread: Re: Has anyone used the Intel DQ965GF?
- Next by thread: Re: Has anyone used the Intel DQ965GF?