Major Keyboard problem

While I was working today, the keyboard suddenly stopped responding. It
wouldn't work for any program, so I rebooted. Still nothing. I notice
that I can use the keyboard to select linux and I can use it to log
into linux, but beyond that it is useless.I am stumped. I would really
like it back because I have some important files on my ext3 partition
that I need to retrieve. Please help!

  • Re: Linux/X-Windows unable to set focus on a modal form (Consulting $ anyone)
    ... focus is stolen from the window and you CANNOT use the keyboard or any ... for Linux good for Microsoft I guess. ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access- Hide quoted text - ... I wouldn't have answered you or tried to duplicate your problem on my Linux and Windows machines if I had known that you were using some sort of remote access software that I don't own. ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)
  • Re: HD Problem:
    ... A dedicated application on the CD, and running under Linux, can ... when you've accepted the EULA. ... If keyboard was USB, try a PS/2 keyboard. ... A working console command window appeared on my computer, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to kill X?
    ... > It seems to me that, since X is running on top of Linux, keyboard input must ... Or you can build a kernel with CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ ... Keyboard input goes right to the process that's reading it, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Intel/Windows equivalent of 17" powerbook
    ... The keyboard is a joy to use compared with some laptops. ... > hot under sustained load to need extra fans. ... HP do seem to offer some support for Linux, ... The WiFi doesn't work with the SMP Linux kernels, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Keyboard interrupt
    ... You cannot *simply* catch keyboard actions (with ttys, ... Of course, some Linux programs, in particular the X11 server, do catch ... realistic to learn C programming by looking into XFree86 source code. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)