how to install a second kernel on my system ?

Hi,
I'd like to use webcam with fedora core 3.
Googling around the web, and searching for support, I found a How-to
giving guidelines for using webcams with fedora core 3.
It advises to get the sources of the kernel, that is on the system.
My current kernel version is 2.6.9.1-667 , and unfortunately I can't
find kernel-2.6.9.1-667.src.rpm neither on the web, and nor on the iso
images that I burnt one or two years ago .
So, I was thinking about adding a more recent kernel that I could
choose at boot-time.
Do you have some hints, or How-to to advise me ?
Is it simpler to change the whole distribution, or is it possible to
make coexist the old kernel and a newer one ?
Thanks for your help,
Cédric

  • Re: Webcam Logitech Quickcam Sphere
    ... Fedora Core 4 and I would like to install a Webcam Logitech ... > Quickcam Sphere. ... the Fedora kernel has all what it needs to load and run the pwc ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: no more /dev/video
    ... Francois wrote: ... I used to use my webcam which worked fine with my system (fedora core 6). ... it has been months ago since you got your webcam working on FC6 but I wonder if you recall where you got the information on doing it? ... If your getting the huge amount of update stuff I am now as a new user of FC6 then the kernel you fixed may not be the your now using. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: no more /dev/video
    ... I used to use my webcam which worked fine with my system (fedora core ... user of FC6 then the kernel you fixed may not be the your now using. ... I've tried to downgrade to the old driver I used to use (linux-uvc driver, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: how to install a second kernel on my system ?
    ... I'd like to use webcam with fedora core 3. ... It advises to get the sources of the kernel, ... "A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: FC3 - im disapointed
    ... I was expressing my experience over all out all three Fedora Core ... And basically what i'm saying is that at current state FC3 - clean ... >>this the udev problem? ... >>kernel update issues have also been discussed here. ...
    (Fedora)