Serial communication diagnostic application

Hi to all,

I m the beginner in Linux. I would like to write the dignostic
application in c on the Linux OS. Please let me the pocedure to test
the serial port like how to detect the serial port, how to write some
data to the serial port, how to read the data from the serial port.
Previously i was working on WinCE 5.0 PB. There i follow the same steps
to test the functionality of the serial port. Please let me whether it
is possible to follow the same procedure like detect, write and read
while wrking on the linux.Please tell me the code for testing the
funcionality of the srial port.

Please guide me....

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Nutty

  • Re: Linux "print server"
    ... porting Ghostscrip to a C64 is ... so a Linux server seemed possible. ... "> I already have TCP/IP communication using ppp between the C64 and the ... "> DTP app I use can send data to a serial port, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Why to up/not grade to/from W98 (was: new Pulsonix version 3 PCB software released)
    ... whos primary function was to read ... and reading BOT/EOT markers and the raw MFM. ... On serial better is to use a micro (cheap 2 $ PIC has serial port). ... Linux, why sell yourself out to Bill Gates? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Flow Control on Serial Device
    ... Are you using the exact same cable for the Linux system that you ... indeed a straight through cable? ... Then CTS and RTS are ... properly configure your serial port, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: minicom questions, need expert
    ... I do not know if the minicom utility can reach out into that FT232RL to ... then what linux utility can perform this initialization? ... It turned out that the serial port params on the legacy machine ... Do I need to train my src machine to send some sort of an eof signal? ...
    (Fedora)
  • FTDI usb-serial possible bug
    ... It describes a nasty behavior of the ftdi usb-serial linux driver. ... in bash and in python. ... The same test performed on a real serial port receiving continuous ... does not yield to any corruption problem. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)