Re: MacBooks?

Someone has ported a Linux wih a Debian-like package system and many packages to work under Mac OS X. Please check if it is enough:

Hi Glenn,
I'm not sure if this will do, as I really need a generic flavor of linux, not a special one and my favorite one is by far slackware. I would really try to install the CDs I already have from slackware. I also need a real version of Windows, probably XP that I will buy one day, and the real version of MacOSX. Anything else, to me, falls under experimental os and will not help (at least not now) for my developments.

Thanks though, I'll still check it out as it may be interesting to use not for development or might be useful in other ways.

Turner

  • [slackware-security] httpd (SSA:2012-041-01)
    ... and -current to fix security issues. ... Here are the details from the Slackware 13.37 ChangeLog: ... Fix integer overflow in ap_pregsubwhich, ... Updated packages for Slackware 12.0: ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [slackware-security] gnupg / libgcrypt (SSA:2013-215-01)
    ... New gnupg and libgcrypt packages are available for Slackware 12.1, 12.2, 13.0, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [slackware-security] udisks, udisks2 (SSA:2014-070-01)
    ... New udisks and udisks2 packages are available for Slackware 14.0, 14.1, ... and -current to fix a security issue. ... Here are the details from the Slackware 14.1 ChangeLog: ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [slackware-security] openssl (SSA:2014-098-01)
    ... New openssl packages are available for Slackware 14.0, 14.1, and -current to ... fix security issues. ... Here are the details from the Slackware 14.1 ChangeLog: ... This update fixes two security issues: ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: How big / stable is Gentoo community ?
    ... with FreeBSD) to replace a slackware 10.0 router / firewall / fileserver ... What's rwong with slapt-get? ... A few months ago,I needed to install new kde packages, tried to use ... but package management is a problem that no one should have to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)