Acer AL2216W under Linux ?

Hello,

I'm using Debian (with X.org), and I would like to buy a LCD screen.

I have seen this screen: http://us.acer.com/acereuro/page9.do?sp=page4&dau34.oid=19184&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=25&CountryISOCtxParam=US&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&ctx3=-1&ctx4=United+States&crc=2221579329 .. (Acer AL2216), and my graphic card is an Nvidia Geforce 4MX (128MB) (i use mainly proprietary drivers)

Does anyone have already try to use this screen with a similar graphic card under Linux please ? If yes, could i know what resolution do you success to use ?

Thanks.
(and, of course, if anyone know any _good_ screen working well under Linux (CRT or LCD, i mainly use computer for text, but I'm watching movies/playing game a bit too) with a price under $400 USD, it would be nice to answer please :) )

  • Re: Debian: A noob query
    ... need to do a job that requires 'dependable' software, I use Debian. ... Try out several distros of Linux that are run from a 'Live CD/DVD'. ... is much easier than doing an install and experimenting on your machine. ... Ah well, I try that one too...., but I have to download that too after ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re: oh no something is definitly wrong adieu debian.
    ... If he hasn't taken such a project called GNU, we may have used only freeBSD and its kernel and may not be Linux. ... But after a couple years I found myself drawn to Debian Testing as the Arch developers have begun to take a fiercely arrogant attitude and a "we know better than you, so shut up" tone toward anyone who would question some of their decisions. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Install Report from a Linux newbie - some comments
    ... Linux & Unix newbie that chose Debian to start playing ... my powerbook (I was installing linux on an old Aptiva ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How do I setup printer?
    ... I googled "debian windows print samba" and got those, ... of really good linux info on the web, its just a matter of learning ... stuff like sharing a printer on a small LAN SHOULDN'T be so complex nor ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Which OS? Was "I do consider Ubuntu to be Debian" , Ian Murdock
    ... with your definition of "We the Debian people." ... with security update as necessary. ... which made bouncing between Linux and FreeBSD problematic. ... It sounds to me like this may be a viable option for you: ...
    (Debian-User)