Re: Acer AL2216W under Linux ?

Nanar Duff > wrote:
John-Paul Stewart wrote:
The problem lies not with the screen, but with the graphics card. You need to ensure that your graphics card can support the native resolution of the LCD.

Huh, ok, thanks for the information, but do you know how could i know whether my graphic card support the native resolution of the LCD please (i have a NVIDIA Geforce 4MX AGP8X 128Mb and i use proprietary driver) ?

Graphics card manufacturers usually publish a chart of supported resolution and refresh rates. A quick look didn't turn up anything on the nVidia website, but you should be able to find it there. Or perhaps in the printed documentation that came with the card.

It might be in the documentation that from the proprietary driver package, too.

  • Re: Acer AL2216W under Linux ?
    ... need to ensure that your graphics card can support the native resolution of the LCD. ... Huh, ok, thanks for the information, but do you know how could i know whether my graphic card support the native resolution of the LCD please ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: OT: Problem with a new LCD monitor
    ... So my video card is supposed to support this LCD. ... Do you have a suggestion for a video card which can support this LCD? ... The native resolution of the LCD monitor is 1680 x 1050. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: WideScreen TFT 17 inch causing blurred Text ...
    ... 3.The monitor is advertised as a WideScreen TFT which I ... I want to know if having a newer graphics card would help. ... On an LCD monitor, refresh rate should have very little effect on the image ... Text will normally only look good at the native resolution of the monitor, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Acer AL2216W under Linux ?
    ... need to ensure that your graphics card can support the native resolution ... Graphics card manufacturers usually publish a chart of supported ... The DVI connector (if the ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: PC gaming on HD TV
    ... resolution is simply not supported by any GPU in the work but rather ... Like I said the native resolution of those TVs is not supported by any ... Even if it has a higher dot pitch than most other LCD its still too ... recent meaning the majority of legacy games simply don't support it. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)