Re: Any Issues: Abit KN9 nForce4 Ultra AM2 and Athlon 64?

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:50:28 +0000, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 12:51:09 -0800, Stefan Patric wrote:

Time to upgrade. So, before I buy:

Anyone encountered any problems/caveats with said MB, CPU and Linux, in
general, and Fedora Core 6 64-bit, in particular?

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=317

Thanks.

Stef

I just bought an Abit AB9 Pro which is a Core2 board and I'm not
particularly happy with it. LM sensors doesn't work with this board,
probably because they did something non-standard to support their uGuru
crap which is a Windows only feature that allows you to overclock the
board from Windows. My A64 systems both use MSI boards, the MSI K8N Neo2
Platinum and the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum. I've been very happy with both of
those boards, they are both 100% Linux compatible and they've been rock
solid. My recommendation is that you get the latest Nforce MSI board, I
think it's the K9N Platinum.

Thanks for the recommendations. Will check it out.

Stef

.