Disk model controls whether one can control boot order?

I've several systems built around:

http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/HT1000/H8SSL-i.cfm

WIth Western Digital drives - WDC WD800JD-00MS - the BIOS lets me choose
from which disk booting is to occur. With the Seagate equivalent, the
BIOS only lists one drive on that "page".

It really does appear to be a matter defined by the drives. If I open a
"list only one drive" machine and replace its two Seagate drives with
Western Digital drives, it becomes a "list two drives" machine.

I cannot imagine how the drives would be causing this in the BIOS. Any
ideas?

Thanks...

Andrew

  • Re: HDD Compatibility
    ... and new larger drives appear in the ... BIOS Upgrades ... available expansion slot and then connecting your hard drives to it. ... than having to connect them to the controller card itself. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Ruined m-board with bios update
    ... Doubt that you will be back to this post to see this, but if you are, I received an an identical replacement motherboard from Intel today and just finished installing it. ... Plugged all the hard drives into the same connections as the old board and after all the other tiny little connections I turned it on. ... to re-set the clock in the bios and that was no problem. ... Turned power on & inserted recovery CD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Ruined m-board with bios update
    ... Plugged all the hard drives ... reactivating on a new motherboard. ... Turned power on & inserted recovery CD. ... recovery bios! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Ruined m-board with bios update
    ... Doubt that you will be back to this post to see this, but if you are, I received an an identical replacement motherboard from Intel today and just finished installing it. ... Plugged all the hard drives into the same connections as the old board and after all the other ... The only hitch was re-starting to re-set the clock in the bios and that was no problem. ... Turned power on & inserted recovery CD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Ruined m-board with bios update
    ... drives into the same connections as the old board and after all the other ... bios and that was no problem. ... reactivating on a new motherboard. ... Turned power on & inserted recovery CD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)