Re: Opinions on this collection of parts please?

Mark Adams <mark9117@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Live CD is not an option. Would you recommend an older Nvidia card?
Like say, a 7300?

I don't recommend Nvidia cards at all.

I use Radeon 9000s and 9200s here. They work extremely well with open source
drivers.

Newer Radeon cards use the R300 driver, which has some issues, but are
reported to be working. I have not seen the newer cards in use yet, but maybe
someone here will advise you.

http://megahurts.dk/rune/r300_status.html

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Hobley
393 Quinton Road West

Telephone: (0121) 247 1596
International: 0044 121 247 1596

http://markhobley.yi.org/

  • Re: nv verses the world
    ... >> is totally supported by GPL drivers. ... > there are multiple brands under which one can get these cards. ... I am running an ATI Radeon 7000 here at work and have an IGP320 at home. ... I am going to replace my igp320 at home so that I can get 3d support from the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Graphics card recommendation?
    ... Proprietary drivers only cause problems. ... source drivers to the community. ... Radeon HD cards yet in the drivers shipped with Fedora and there's no ... In addition, most Radeon HD cards are expensive, he's asking for something ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Graphics card recommendation?
    ... Proprietary drivers only cause problems. ... Radeon HD cards yet in the drivers shipped with Fedora and there's no ... In addition, most Radeon HD cards are expensive, he's asking for something ... PCI-Express ports, so the right choice is an AGP card, not a PCI-Express ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] 3D radeon support in 9.2?
    ... radeon cards. ... Does anyone have any idea how good this 3D support is ... Perhaps, these drivers ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Dont get a Radeon
    ... >> get a Radeon 9800. ... >> drivers and MS Word won't work. ... ATI is still noted for their "driver of the week" ... That's why I prefer and use Matrox cards. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)