Re: Logitech Quickcam

On May 8, 10:58 am, furby <Wookie...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a "Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX"

I should mention that (as far as Linux goes) I am somewhat confused on
the installation of new apps. So if you have any ideas on how to get
it to work, assume I am a user that needs hand holding to install it
on the system... (In windows, I can do anything - I'm not an idiot,
just not experienced in Linux).

I did some research on the webcam and this is what I found with the
appropriate web addresses:

This web site shows some compatible Logitech webcams:

It appears your webcam isn't compatible with Linux:

The Xandros package manager (YaST in openSUSE) information can be
found on Wikipedia and this site may help as well:

Hope this helps