Re: Logitech Quickcam

On May 8, 10:58 am, furby <Wookie...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a "Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX"

I should mention that (as far as Linux goes) I am somewhat confused on
the installation of new apps. So if you have any ideas on how to get
it to work, assume I am a user that needs hand holding to install it
on the system... (In windows, I can do anything - I'm not an idiot,
just not experienced in Linux).

I did some research on the webcam and this is what I found with the
appropriate web addresses:

This web site shows some compatible Logitech webcams: http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/

It appears your webcam isn't compatible with Linux:
http://osdir.com/ml/linux.drivers.spca50x.devel/2005-07/msg00001.html

The Xandros package manager (YaST in openSUSE) information can be
found on Wikipedia and this site may help as well:
http://lists.clickers.org/linuxsig/events/2005_05_16_basic_xandros_configuration/part_4/desktop_navigation_part_4_new_programs.html

Hope this helps

  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
    ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
    ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >> package, and to have easy access to those files, especially the ones ... >> this as being helpful to Linux users, ... >> Linux could be made easier by having installation programs actually ... be searching for the executable and its command line for invoking the IDE, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Just Got Back From NAMM. Why so little Linux?
    ... Just a little diversion back to the original topic, and an observation about me, and Linux. ... installing my familiar mail client and web browser (Firefox), ... The trick of copying the contents of an existing profile ... folder into the new profile folder that gets installed with a new installation didn't work. ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... Markzoom has a posting history of less then 10 articles on Linux or any ... of his first experience with SuSE Linux. ... years only 5 posts were worthy of a real answer. ... >>attempted installation of SuSE. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)