Re: Low screen resolution running Debian R4.0R0 on old Presario

Thanks Bill. That did the trick.

"Bill Marcum" <marcumbill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:58:00 -0400, GC
<minshare@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm running Debian V4.0R0 on an old Presario 7588. Yep, 128k RAM, 20th
century BIOS (I've been waiting to say that). IT runs well, no issues
with
install or performance so far, but light usage.

The only issue I've had is that the screen resolution is limited to
640x480.
I'm not given any other options when I go to preferences.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing?

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

--
BOFH excuse #224:
Jan 9 16:41:27 huber su: 'su root' succeeded for .... on /dev/pts/1

  • Re: Low screen resolution running Debian R4.0R0 on old Presario
    ... century BIOS (I've been waiting to say that). ... install or performance so far, but light usage. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: RAID Setup and DP35DP?
    ... BIOS 0262 "removed floppy menu screen for boards that don't support it" ... ... Thus I want to specify RAID now in the BIOS as Intel strongly recommends, ... All this I did OK last week with a Vista install, but that week taught me that I strongly want to be running WinXP instead. ...
    (comp.sys.intel)
  • Re: Reminder: Windows XP Runs Natively On Intel Macs
    ... All it does is pick a partition to use as the boot volume--it's not a bootloader. ... All the BIOS does is initialize the hardware and pass off to the bootloader. ... put the Vista install DVD in the drive, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Wrong CPU being shown by the BIOS
    ... the BIOS screen with a message sayinh. ... "Unknown CPU detected, install latest BIOS to unleash Power" ... Intel Processor Identification Utility. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Reminder: Windows XP Runs Natively On Intel Macs
    ... "insert the XP CD or the Vista DVD when the ... partition, my current Vista partition, and the DVD drive containing ... This is why you have to select a boot volume in the BIOS. ... put the Vista install DVD in the drive, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)