How good is Linux support for SATA PCI controllers?

I want to put a cheap SATA controller in a Linux PC. I see a bunch of
them on the market. How do I pick, other than by price?

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

  • Re: Why do so many people love Teas Instruments?
    ... That is why casual user drives what is mass market ... in the initial Linux package and she wanted to do it herself. ... You can do it without any help on Windows in 99% of cases using simple GUI ... when some more features such as programming are needed. ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: Linux Market share?
    ... >number is almost microscopic (since most Linux servers are configured ... many of the servers now ... >> captured by some product provider to that market. ... >> which is the market area that Microsoft was found to have monopoly power ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Leaving the Desktop Market
    ... FreeBSD should declare 2014 to be "year of the ... Linux world? ... There is no such thing as a desktop market for *BSD or Linux. ... server OS and it's easy to defend its role in the server room. ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Leaving the Desktop Market
    ... FreeBSD should declare 2014 to be "year of the ... Linux world? ... There is no such thing as a desktop market for *BSD or Linux. ... server OS and it's easy to defend its role in the server room. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: The argument for fs assistance in handling archives
    ... because Apple customers are a captive lot... ... applications, ... > into a niche market). ... and Linux will be reduced to aping them when it should be leading ...
    (Linux-Kernel)