Re: Convert Old PC to Linux - Minimal Requirements???

TechieGrl staggered into the Black Sun and said:
PII 400MHz with 128 RAM and currently a 10GB hard drive. I would need
to get a larger hard drive. Is it possible to use this as a file
server? Is it possible to get a larger hard drive for it?

Yes to both questions. You'll want to install something light like Damn
Small Linux or possibly Xubuntu, though. Fileservers don't need much
CPU, they need disk space and decent NICs. HTH,

--
This is my rifle, this is my GNU
This is for fighting, this is for $FOO!

  • Re: Upgrade of NT 4.0 to Windows 2003 Domain
    ... DDS W 2k MVP MCSE ... PDC, but can ping all IP addresses from the Win2k03 server, so the ...
  • Re: One Printer VERY Slow
    ... printer to a test server and setting up the printer results in normal ... It is a network printer.The funny thing is I ... building and printing directly to the printer, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • Re: AD Upgrade
    ... I found it using on of the many forums online. ... recommendation is SP1 on the server. ...
  • Re: SYSVOL Doesnt appear as shared in a Secondary Domain Controll
    ... "Danny Sanders" wrote: ... prmoting the server to DC. ... is not a better idea, since it's a secondary domain controller, simply ...
  • Re: Authentication doesnt fail over to additional DCs
    ... roles on one server, etc. ... I have 8 domain controllers in our enterprise. ... I've talked with the team controlling the BizTalk server and they ...