Re: Buffalo USB 2.0 External Drives

On 2007-08-08, Ogre <rossz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

... I nuked the existing partition table and divided into one NTFS
partition and one ext2 partition (half the drive for each). FYI, I used
windows XP to redo the partition table, leaving half the drive unused,
then moved it to my linux box to create the ext2 partition.
Exactly the safest way to do it. I'd have use FAT for Windows, though.
Easier to use from Linux.

Everything seems to be working perfectly on all my systems, though I
don't dare use any of the included tools with it now since it probably
has some kind of automatic recovery system that will think the drive has
been corrupted.
I don't think they'd just start correcting without asking something.
Alltough...

Still, that's not the point of that CD anyway. They're coasters (sp?), just
like those that come with most printers today.

The knack
lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Douglas Adams

  • Re: Software submission for Linux distributions
    ... I have free space in my ext2 partition. ... So I copy a movie into the ext2 partition... ... Want to watch the movie from Windows... ... I boot into Linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: EXT2IFS - how to clear deleted files in XP?
    ... I am using EXT2IFS to work with an ext2 partition under Windows XP. ... It seems that deleted files are stored in a root folder named "Recycled". ... Christoph Burschka ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Cant recognize Ext2 CDs
    ... I have a couple of CDs which were written on a linux machine a few ... Is it possible somehow to access the ext2 partition ... It provides Windows NT4.0/2000/XP/2003 with full access to Linux Ext2 volumes ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Buffalo USB 2.0 External Drives
    ... partition and one ext2 partition. ... windows XP to redo the partition table, leaving half the drive unused, ... Easier to use from Linux. ... For some odd reason winxp pro didn't give me the option of choosing FAT, which is my preference for external drives -- just in case I want to access it from linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)