Two NICs

I have a box running a 2.6.21 kernel. The box has two NICs. How
can I find which NIC as been assigned to eth0, and which to eth1? I know
that ifconfig returns the MAC address of each eth* device - but the
problem is that I do not know what MAC address corresponds to what NIC to
begin with.

  • Intel Gigabit NIC (2.6.5 -> 2.6.10) Bug(?) Found
    ... Something in the kernel changed regarding the Intel e1000 driver from ... Normally, I never really looked at my ifconfig eth0, eth1 etc because I ... with GigE nics, on one there are very few if any errors on the nic ... ethtool and installed it and did a basic query for network setting ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Cannot Ping Beyond Default Gateway & DHCP Server
    ... That computer has two ethernet NICs: one from Intel, and one from Linksys. ... He says he has never had to change a MAC nor tell the home office to change one. ... My assumption now is that this MAC control is occurring in the cable modem, and that clearing it with power off causes it to loose its previously-stored value. ... Network Diagnostics shows pings to his IP, Default Gateway, and DHCP Server work, but pings to DNS servers fail. ...
  • Re: nic issue on Debian Lenny
    ... Then it just lost network ... First of all, when you say that you have "two onboard nics", I ... Usually, if a machine has two ethernet adapters, ... MAC address built-in to it. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Mac 10.4 OS on G5
    ... I called into the SBS Team Support yesterday because I was getting bombared ... changed before the Mac problem begin. ... the dual NICs on the server from teaming as Load Balance to Fault Tolerance ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: nic issue on Debian Lenny
    ... First of all, when you say that you have "two onboard nics", I ... interpret that to mean that there are two network adapters built-in ...  Usually, if a machine has two ethernet adapters, ... MAC address built-in to it. ...
    (Debian-User)