Re: nvidia video driver

Peter staggered into the Black Sun and said:
I'm getting a computer with the 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS video
card and I wanted to know if this card was compatible with Fedora.

Version 100.14.09 of the evil binary-only nvidia modules lists the 8400M
GS as a supported card. "man nv" is less clear, but you should be able
to get *something* working with the Free module.

If not then I guess I could disable the card and use the Intel
Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 in the notebook.

....wait, a laptop with 2 graphics cards? Or are you talking about 2
different machines?

--
I think I'll have to put on 500 pounds of subwoofers, amps, and other
delicious herbs. --MegaHAL, trained on ASR