Re: nvidia video driver

Peter staggered into the Black Sun and said:
I'm getting a computer with the 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS video
card and I wanted to know if this card was compatible with Fedora.

Version 100.14.09 of the evil binary-only nvidia modules lists the 8400M
GS as a supported card. "man nv" is less clear, but you should be able
to get *something* working with the Free module.

If not then I guess I could disable the card and use the Intel
Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 in the notebook.

....wait, a laptop with 2 graphics cards? Or are you talking about 2
different machines?

--
I think I'll have to put on 500 pounds of subwoofers, amps, and other
delicious herbs. --MegaHAL, trained on ASR

  • Re: nvidia video driver
    ... card and I wanted to know if this card was compatible with Fedora. ... Version 100.14.09 of the evil binary-only nvidia modules lists the 8400M ... a laptop with 2 graphics cards? ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: nvidia video driver
    ... card and I wanted to know if this card was compatible with Fedora. ... Version 100.14.09 of the evil binary-only nvidia modules lists the 8400M ... Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 in the notebook. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Need help with PCMCIA Wireless card Proxim Orinoco Gold 8420-WD
    ... Proxim Orinoco Gold 8420-WD wireless card, ... I am fairly new to Fedora Linux. ... Yenta: Using INTVAL to route CSC interrupts to PCI ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why does not a WiFi card work in Fedora, when it works in Debian.
    ... the rt61 chipset is reported to work in debian, ... It may be that the module worked in an older Fedora kernel, but as Fedora keeps moving to keep up with the upstream kernel, sometimes things outside the kernel break. ... I have a system I built for a friend which includes a Linksys WMP54G card. ...
    (Fedora)
  • OT: Want to Build PC for Fedora Use - Hardware Questions
    ... Fedora. ... I would like some help picking out some of the components to ... ASUS nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, ... Do I even need a sound card, since the board comes with onboard audio? ...
    (Fedora)