Re: Any cheap postscript laser printers for linux ?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 19:31:22 +0100, Dave {Reply Address in.Sig} wrote:

Many HP Laserjet 4/5 have PostScript and/or network cards (I've got one)
and don't cost much more than a bare machine so are worth searching out.

Both my LJ4 and LJ5 have network and PostScript, the first one was by
accident because I got it from a Mac user but the second one I actively
looked for one with the PS module. During the lifetime of the first printer
it's been used with OS/2, Windows, various Mac flavours and Linux, so
having a nice simple PS driver helped a lot.

A network card is certainly useful. But why does a Postscript module
"help a lot"? I doubt there's any problem whatsoever printing to a PCL
printer on any of these systems.