growisofs requires rebooting after every burn ?

Hi,

I find that I need to shut down (power off) and restart
the computer after burning any dvd with growisofs (or
any other utility that depends on it). Only after doing
this can I burn another CD or DVD. If I don't do this
the computer just hangs when attempting to burn and
becomes unresponsive to any key pressed from the
keyboard (not even alt-cntrl-del).

I am using kernel 2.6.22.2 with Debian/Etch.

The CD/DVD burner is

TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H552B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ATAPI 48X DVD-ROM DVD-R CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache, UDMA(33)

Googling I could find another such report but there was
no solution offered.

I would be grateful for your help.

sincerely
b thomas

  • Re: burning DVD failure
    ... Before I ever got my first CD burner I knew all about the basic problems of optical media burning. ... The hollow incident - that sounds like purely a bad burn problem back when: ... should be possible from script without an awful lot of trouble. ... > The one with RW properties is DVD+ RW DVD8631. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Burning DVDs and Sound
    ... > trying to burn are on my hard drive, ... > tried Sony DVD Architect which did burn one try successfully. ... > try a blank disk or different media. ... >> background while you are burning a CD or DVD. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • RE: Runtime Error
    ... The drive used was a dvd burner. ... to burn a dvd with ANY burning software. ... cd's and still burn cd's but will not burn a dvd. ... If you updated/upgraded to windows Media 11, it could be the reason why you ...
  • Re: More on Windows CD writing.
    ... to use 3rd Party CD Burning things, ... Nero or Adaptec/Roxio etc,) cos earlier Versions of windoze didn't do ... use Nero to burn them to a dvd by pointing Nero to the cd burning ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • k3b dvd burn problems with growisofs
    ... With the default k3b that now uses growisofs to burn a dvd, ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)