Optiplex GXL 5200 boot sequence

I'm trying to save a Dell machine that's badged as an Optiplex GXL
5200 from having to suffer the vagaries of running Windohs 98, by
installing a proper O.S. on it in the form of Linux.

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be an option in the BIOS to
boot from the CD/DVD ROM

Any suggestions please?

  • Re: uk.transport
    ... I pay a pittance for Usenet access so don't suffer from the vagaries of ... uselesss ISPs. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: uk.transport
    ... I pay a pittance for Usenet access so don't suffer from the vagaries of ... uselesss ISPs. ...
    (uk.rec.driving)
  • Re: So Ive made the "switch"
    ... Boot up times often double after installing all of what Norton has to offer. ... We still use the corporate edition and suffer from the slowdown. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: problem starting the Office Assistant
    ... I'm using Word from Office 2000 and am getting an error on startup ... try installing it? ... sins. ... You have to suffer the damn thing forever. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.general)
  • Mounting Novell Drives on Linux
    ... I suffered to find the answer, ... I use Mandrake Linux 10.0 and after installing: ... I managed to mount Novell volumes using this command: ... username dot context. ...
    (alt.os.linux)