help installing usb network adapter zt6688

I have used linux for a while but I am still a noob. I have debain
7.04 ppc installed on a imac g3. I have purchased a usb network
adapter zt6688 that I would like to install. I was able to find some
driver called dm9601, but quite frankly I am not quite sure what to do
with it. I have tried numerous things from other forums but I get all
kinds of errors that I can't even remember how I got them. At this
point I just want to get it woking. A brief explanation on how to get
drivers loaded in linux would be greatly appreciated as well. The
driver have came from here http://www.davicom.com.tw/eng/download/Driver/driver_9601.htm