Re: linux LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid Cardbus

<posted & mailed>

on Monday 10 December 2007 07:02
in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.hardware
heavytull wrote:

I would like to know whether this linux LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid Cardbus
is corretly supported in linux.

It looks like it is. The PCI version is, except for the IR remote control.

[snip]
so i think it is correct;

but when i want to listen radio i don't get sound
[snip]

A real radio is easier. Does the TV work, with sound?

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.

  • Re: linux LifeView FlyDVB-T Hybrid Cardbus
    ... heavytull wrote: ... is corretly supported in linux. ... but when i want to listen radio i don't get sound ... Does the TV work, with sound? ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... And I did not ask specificly for linux supported hardware, ... IDE CD-ROMS or DVD drives all ... > the sound events were turned on and the mixer showed volume was maximum ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: WARNING to potential LINUX users
    ... > audio which is not supported by linux. ... >> The very first thing I noticed was that there was NO SOUND even though ... >>started over with SuSE. ... So much for installing right out of the box on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [OT]: Substitute VMS for Linux in this article
    ... Linux problems, including claims that sound isn't that important in business ... Rick Spencer on the general issue of Linux hardware support: ... As an analogy, say you worked for Coca-Cola since Windows 95 came out, say ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Well, Windows is back on the disk.
    ... >>>There's just some programs not working with sound at all. ... But that puts me even further and further away from Ubuntu, ... >>>And yet, using Windows XP the past three years on this laptop, ... >>i still don't get the point in trying ubuntu (linux), ...
    (Ubuntu)