Re: AMD XP Athlon 2400+

Alias staggered into the Black Sun and said:
Is 60 C too hot for [an Athlon XP 2400+] processor?

2400? That's pretty old. That's about 10-15 C hotter than it really
should be, though theoretically, it should be able to operate without
errors at that temp. Check the CPU fan, the heatsink, and the power
supply fan. You may find that one or more of those components is
clogged with dust or not turning. Fix those things, and the temp should
go down. (Athlon 64 3500+, running at 2200 MHz, 51 C.)

--
Jesus is the best radio producer in the beans. We need some saliva
and pickles to get mad. --MegaHAL, "The Best of MegaHAL"

  • Re: Complaints: Weber Smokey Mountain
    ... At some point the sand has to get hotter than you want it to. ... Water, at a constant simmer at a constant temp, will maintain a constant smoking temp. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Complaints: Weber Smokey Mountain
    ... At some point the sand has to get ... temp, will maintain a constant smoking temp. ... hotter and hotter with time. ... The WSM with sand in the water pan has been ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Traeger Grill Temperature Problem
    ... a variation of as much as 40 degrees from the temp probe ... I know that it gets even hotter the further ... grill that the temperature was uniform asross the surface. ... larger brisket in the hotter area. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Traeger Grill Temperature Problem
    ... I know that it gets even hotter the further I go to ... grill that the temperature was uniform asross the surface. ... brisket in the hotter area. ... is based on a known external temp, ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)
  • Re: Complaints: Weber Smokey Mountain
    ... At some point the sand has to get hotter than ... Water, at a constant simmer at a constant temp, will ... I can't see how sand would. ... More food, pan o water, rocks, it don't matter. ...
    (alt.food.barbecue)