Re: printer no longer prints

On 2008-06-25, dcannell hit the keyboard and wrote:
I'm a newbie to Linux, know little about CUPS

Debian etch - HP DJ 970Cxi - Used to work fine, no longer does.
Attempting a test page, properties shows "Ready to print"
State shows "Stopped: job-stopped"

Printer is ready.

Re-installed all CUPS with Synaptic, no joy.
Rebooted system, cycled power on printer to no avail 8-(

Any ideas out there?

Try it with another PC or other OS if the Printer is really OK?
USB-Slot?

Thanks, Dave

Dragomir Kollaric

  • Re: ISA devices support in linux
    ... John Hasler hit the keyboard and wrote: ... It's better to avoid ISA Pn'P. ... was one of Microsoft's brilliant ideas). ... freely distributed as long as a copy of the GPL is included... ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: power supply
    ... OR hit the keyboard and wrote: ... How do I find out what are the specifications of my ATX power supply? ... Hard-disk in the main-case, ... freely distributed as long as a copy of the GPL is included... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Wow. I almost forgot.
    ... redpaint59 hit the keyboard and wrote: ... eight year anniversary of smoke freedom. ... Now a question from a NON-SMOKER: ... freely distributed as long as a copy of the GPL is included... ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Damaged partition
    ... smlunatick hit the keyboard and wrote: ... in order to remove Windows operatiing system "overhead." ... I saw one anti-virus on a CD-ROM and ... freely distributed as long as a copy of the GPL is included... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)