Re: about DDS tapes
- From: ArameFarpado <a-farpado.spam@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 18:13:51 +0000
Em Quarta, 3 de Dezembro de 2008 21:30, Jerry Peters escreveu:
i keep remembering that kdat has a "format tape" feature, but tar can't
handle the tape if it is formatted by kdat... i needed to start with the
erase funtion of mt... wierd.
Tapes can be partitioned, which is what most programs call formatting.
Typically the tape is "formatted" to a relatively small partition
which contains the backup index and a large partition for the backup.
Some versions of mt can partition tapes and select between partitions.
indeed, i've been reading mt's manual... there is a lot of funtions
you guys have been a great help, thanks to all
- Prev by Date: Finding out size of the instruction cache
- Next by Date: Re: Problems accessing SCSI disk after installing Fedora 10
- Previous by thread: Re: about DDS tapes
- Next by thread: Re: about DDS tapes